Pure Craft CBD offers CBD Oil 1000mg & 2000mg flavored CBD tinctures, CBD Gummy Bears, CBD Oil for Dogs and more! Discover Pure Craft CBD PURE CRAFT BLOG Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online.
Is CBD Legal in Delaware? (2022 CBD Laws)
Delaware may be the second smallest state in the Union, but it’s big on history, nature, industry, and more. And great news, you can enjoy all Delaware has to offer plus CBD — as long as it meets certain requirements.
Since recreational marijuana isn’t yet legal in The First State, CBD has to be made from industrial hemp and can’t contain more than 0.3% THC. Possession of small amounts of cannabis has been decriminalized.
Those with a medical marijuana card can legally buy and use marijuana and medicinal CBD in Delaware. The state’s mighty specific about how much THC and CBD can be in medicinal CBD. There’s even a CBD-rich card option for those with qualifying conditions and a doctor’s recommendation.
Delaware CBD Laws At A Glance
When it comes to CBD in Delaware, here are the big points you need to know:
• Hemp-derived CBD with up to 0.3% THC is legal.
• You can buy CBD at a number of retail outlets or online.
• Medical marijuana including medicinal CBD is legal for patients with a medical marijuana card.
• Medicinal CBD must contain at least 15% CBD. If a dilution, it must contain at least 50 mg CBD per ml. In both cases, THC content can’t exceed 7%.
• Medical marijuana cardholders may purchase three ounces of usable marijuana every 14 days.
• The maximum penalty for up to 1 ounce of marijuana is $100. There isn’t a defined comparable fine for marijuana-derived products such as CBD.
Is CBD Legal in Delaware?
Looking to savor some CBD? You’re good to go in Delaware, so long as it doesn’t exceed 0.3% THC content. If you have a qualifying medical condition, you can seek out a doctor’s recommendation and apply for one of three cards available through the state’s medical marijuana program.
Overall, Delaware is fairly cannabis-friendly, with room to get friendlier. The most you’ll get for possessing small amounts of marijuana is a small fine. Recreational marijuana has been up for serious discussion among legislators.
As the first state to ratify the constitution in 1787, DE’s no stranger to signing things into fruition. Here are some of the cannabis-focused laws it’s signed since then:
- In 2011, the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act (SB 17) was signed into law. CBD oil and marijuana-derived products are included in the act. It states that patients with debilitating medical conditions can get a doctor’s okay to apply for a card and get marijuana from a registered compassion center.
- Marijuana was decriminalized in 2015 through HB 39. Under the bill, possession of up to 1 ounce of marijuana is punishable by a fine of up to $100. The penalty increases to a felony offence for possession of over 175 grams.
- With the passing of HB 181 in 2016, also known as Riley’s Law, pediatric patients could be administered medical marijuana oil by caregivers on school property.
- Delaware’s Hemp Pilot Program was made possible after SB 266 was signed into law in 2018. It allows for the cultivation of industrial hemp, and was passed in preparation for the 2018 Farm Bill. (Way to be proactive, Delaware!)
- In 2019, SB 170 amended the Medical Marijuana Act to include regulations on medicinal CBD. It also formed a new medical cannabis card, the CBD-rich card, and added anxiety to the list of qualifying conditions for CBD-rich cards. The bill was amended in 2020 to specify THC and CBD content requirements for medicinal CBD products. And, a new compassionate care card was added in 2020 for patients whose debilitating conditions aren’t on the qualifying list with a doctor’s recommendation.
Can You Legally Buy CBD Products In Delaware?
Great news! CBD is widely welcome in Delaware. This means CBD is available at physical establishments as well as virtual shops. All you have to do is decide whether you want to head to the nearest CBD retailer or place an order online. Isn’t that awesome?
Purchase CBD At Brick & Mortar Stores
You’re likely to find CBD locally in Delaware thanks to its CBD-friendly laws. Convenience stores, pharmacies, health food stores and more stock ingestible, edible, and topical CBD products. Look for stores with helpful team members who are well-educated in their CBD selection.
Buy CBD Online
Just because CBD is in reach for Delawareans doesn’t mean you want to — well — reach. If a few clicks of the keyboard is more your speed or you just want options, online shopping is your CBD BFF.
You can safely buy high-quality CBD products online from Pure Craft. In fact, here are some CBD products that’re popular near you:
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware in 2022
If you are trying to find the best deals on legal CBD oil in Delaware, this is the article for you.
Although Delaware historically doesn’t have the most friendly marijuana laws, there are still options for purchasing CBD oil online and in-store.
It’s usually easiest to shop for your products online rather than driving around town from store to store. You can find many of the same products online that you would find locally but the deals are often much better.
Shopping online also allows you to research the products quickly, which is important. The laws in Delaware regarding CBD oil can change significantly depending on how the CBD oil was made.
3. Most Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids Legal | Δ8, Δ9, and Δ10 Illegal | Marijuana Medical Use Only
Table of Contents
Buy CBD Oil in Delaware:
- Royal CBD Oil— Best CBD Oil Overall
- Gold Bee CBD Gummies— Best CBD Gummies
- CBDistillery THC-Free Pure CBD Oil— Best CBD Isolate Oil
- Industrial Hemp Farms— Best CBD Flower
- Honest Paws CBD Oil For Dogs— Best CBD Oil For Dogs
Is CBD Legal in Delaware in 2022?
Yes, CBD oil is legal to purchase in Delaware, but you need to be aware of the law to avoid any trouble with the authorities.
Depending on whether or not your CBD oil contains THC, the legal circumstances can change.
Industrial hemp products are treated differently than those derived from flowering marijuana plants.
Luckily for those of you who are looking to buy CBD oil in Delaware, this small change means that industrial hemp extracts are completely legal.
CBD oil derived from industrial hemp doesn’t typically contain enough THC (legally less than 0.3%) to get the user high. Using these products will get you all the benefits of CBD without the buzz.
You can find CBD oil in many different forms. It can be purchased as a tincture, cream, balm, wax, vape juice, and there are even products available for your pets.
Whether you decide to pick up your products online or in-store, there are a few things you should do to protect yourself from sketchy companies.
Read our guide below for finding quality CBD oils from a trustworthy supplier.
Let’s examine the Delaware law regarding medical marijuana to see if you may be eligible to purchase CBD oil with a higher THC content.
Is Marijuana Legal in Delaware in 2022?
Marijuana is only legal for medical purposes in Delaware. The state has also decriminalized marijuana.
In 2015, HB 39 decriminalized small amounts of marijuana, making possession of less than 6.2 ounces a misdemeanor and less than 1 ounce a civil infraction.
In 2021, Delaware considered HB 150, which would have legalized recreational marijuana up to an ounce for anyone over 21.
In 2011, Delaware became the 16th state to legalize the use of medical marijuana.
Under the Delaware Medical Marijuana Act, residents of Delaware may apply for a medical marijuana license with the recommendation of a physician.
Additionally, you will need to pay a one-time $125 application fee and prove that you have an eligible condition.
Eligible medical conditions for medical marijuana in Delaware:
- Decompensated Cirrhosis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe/debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than three months or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects
- Severe nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal illness
Strangely, this law doesn’t prevent an arrest for marijuana possession. It simply provides a legal defense if prosecuted.
If you are arrested for possession while holding a medical marijuana license, you may have a legal defense if you can satisfy the following conditions:
- You were in possession of no more than six ounces of marijuana and no plants.
- You possessed marijuana solely to treat or alleviate the patient’s severe or debilitating medical condition.
- Your physician has stated that you are likely to receive therapeutic benefit from marijuana to treat or alleviate your serious or debilitating medical condition.
- You didn’t possess marijuana on school grounds, on a school bus, in state-funded health care or treatment facility
- You weren’t smoking marijuana in a public place or in any form of transportation.
If you are under the age of 18, you may be able to apply for a medical marijuana license if you are suffering from one or more of the following conditions:
- Intractable epilepsy
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition where they have failed treatment involving one or more of the following symptoms
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Intractable nausea
- Severe, painful and persistent muscle spasms
Delaware recently passed “Rylie’s Law”, which permits caregivers to administer CBD oil to children with debilitating health conditions on school buses and school grounds.
Once you have obtained a medical marijuana license, you may be able to legally purchase CBD oil products through a local dispensary or easily find them online.
If you aren’t able to get a medical marijuana license, don’t worry. You can still legally purchase your favorite industrial hemp products online and in-state.
How to Buy CBD Oil in Delaware
As the laws and regulations around CBD evolve, it can be difficult to find quality products at a good price.
Some companies are advertising CBD oil as a miracle drug or selling items that contain significantly less CBD than they should.
Follow these simple steps to protect yourself against sketchy companies.
- Always ensure that the CBD oils you purchase are double-checked by a third-party lab. These labs can test for unwanted chemicals or heavy metals and make sure the CBD content matches what the company is advertising.
- Another good sign is if the company’s industrial-hemp products manufactured using the CO2 extraction method. Producing CBD oil by CO2 extraction doesn’t require any additional solvents or heat. This means that your CBD will be pure and potent.
- Above everything else, make sure the company you choose doesn’t make wild claims about the potential of CBD. If a company is claiming that their product cures cancer, it’s a very good sign that they should be avoided. CBD oils have many health benefits, but they are not a miracle drug.
If you follow the advice above, you’re on the right track to finding a trustworthy source for your CBD needs. This advice applies to any product sold online or in-store.
Purchasing CBD oil online is by far the most convenient method in Delaware. It allows you to choose and compare many different products within a matter of minutes.
Why leave the comfort of your own home when you can get quality CBD products delivered straight to your door?
Another benefit of online stores is they often allow you to take advantage of bulk discounts or special offers that local shops wouldn’t be able to match.
Most importantly, shopping online gives you valuable information about the companies and products they offer that may be difficult to obtain in a local shop.
Driving from store to store to compare products takes time. If you are more comfortable shopping in person, there may be a local retailer with CBD oil near you.
Take a look at our list below for stores in Delaware that can help you.
Local Stores in Delaware
Delaware does have a limited number of dispensaries that can help those with medical marijuana licenses.
If you don’t have a medical marijuana license, you will have to see if your local vape stores, head shops, and natural health retail outlets carry industrial hemp products.
There are hundreds of products available in-stores. Remember to double-check the source of your CBD oil so that you know your CBD oil is legal.
Follow the advice above to make sure you are getting a quality product.
What Is CBD Oil? Why Is It So Popular?
In the United States, CBD oil is a brand new and exploding industry. In 2017, over $190 million worth of CBD oil products were sold. There is a huge market for CBD oil as a health supplement.
Many states have been changing their marijuana laws. As of November 2018, 33 states have successfully implemented medical marijuana programs, and eleven have legalized marijuana for recreational use.
People slowly realize that marijuana products don’t cause “reefer madness” and it has many different medical applications.
CBD is a chemical compound found in marijuana and hemp plants that has several health benefits. It has been shown to treat seizures, inflammation, pain, and anxiety.
It can be extracted from both flowering marijuana plants and industrial hemp plants; this is an important distinction because the law views the two products differently.
CBD oil extracted from flowering marijuana plants contains higher levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol); this is the chemical in marijuana that causes the user to feel high.
On the other hand, Industrial-hemp derived CBD oil contains very little THC (usually no more than 0.3%) and therefore doesn’t cause the high usually associated with marijuana.
This means that you can take advantage of all the health benefits of CBD oil without getting stoned.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Delaware 2022?
Delta 8 THC is not legal in Delaware.
The cannabinoid could be beneficial for many people, considering its similarities to delta 9 (THC), but many states have banned it.
It’s an isomer of THC, so it acts in much the same way, but it’s far less potent. Yet still strong enough to make you high.
Buying Delta 8 THC
If you live in Delaware, you can’t buy it.
But if you could, we would tell you to shop for it the same way we tell you to shop for CBD: carefully. Third-party tests are your best friend, and they’ll tell you all you need (but still make sure everything else checks out).
If you go somewhere that allows delta 8, choose one of these three vendors for the most potent products:
Maybe someday soon you’ll need this information, so just remember to buy safely.